Free PrEP for Low Income NZers and International Students
Burnett Foundation Aotearoa has partnered with Green Cross Pharmacy, to support a scheme that provides PrEP at no cost to people who have been prescribed PrEP and have a Community Services Card, earn less than the living wage or are an international student.
PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis) is a daily pill that provides protection from HIV. If you are considering going on PrEP the first step is to use our PrEP tool to see if PrEP is right for you and if you are eligible for funded PrEP.
If you think PrEP is right for you then the next step will be getting a prescription. Check out our online map that shows you doctors around New Zealand who know how to prescribe PrEP, this will involve a conversation about whether PrEP is right for you and some tests.
This cost is why a free coupon system has been created. If you earn below the living wage, have a valid Community Services Card or are an international student and a PrEP prescription, you may be eligible to receive a free order of PrEP from Green Cross Pharmacy. This will supply you with 90 tablets - enough to last three months. You can apply online using the form at the bottom of this page.
You will need to upload:
- A scan/photo of a prescription for 90 PrEP tablets, made out to you
And either of the following:
- A scan/photo of your most recent payslip, showing that you earn less than $21.15 per hour (this must be less than 6 weeks old), OR
- A scan/photo of your Community Services Card or student ID and student visa
This is part of a global system Green Cross Pharmacy has set up, where one coupon is distributed for every ten orders that come through their website per country. This does mean that there are a limited number of coupons, but at present there are a lot available for distribution - thanks to an increasing volume of NZ PrEP users who are ordering through Green Cross.
If this offer isn’t something you can take up, but you know someone who might be eligible for this discount, encourage them to apply! Together, we can end HIV.
Apply for a coupon from Green Cross Pharmacy
- You can apply for a coupon more than once, but each application will be assessed independently and according to availability of coupons.
- Please note that processing will not be immediate and may take up to one week.
- Once a decision is made regarding your eligibility, we will delete any files you upload from our database.
- If successful, you will be emailed a discount code to use on checkout at www.greencrosspharmacy.online
Fill out the form below and we'll be in touch soon